The YMCA of Florida’s First Coast is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all members and guests. To promote safety and comfort for all, all individuals are asked to act appropriately at all times when in our facility or participating in our programs. We expect persons using the YMCA to act maturely, behave responsibly and respect the rights and dignity of others. Our Member Code of Conduct outlines prohibited actions, but the actions listed below are not an all-inclusive list of behaviors considered inappropriate in our facilities or programs.
- Using or possessing alcohol or illegal chemicals on YMCA property, in YMCA vehicles or at YMCA-sponsored programs
- Smoking on YMCA property – the YMCA and its property is a smoke-free environment
- Carrying or concealing a weapon or any device or object that may be used as a weapon
- Harassment or intimidation by words, gestures, body language, or any type of menacing behavior
- Physical contact with another person in an angry, aggressive or threatening way
- Verbally abusive behavior, including angry or vulgar language, swearing, name-calling, or shouting
- Sexually explicit conversation or behavior; any sexual contact with another person
- Inappropriate, immodest or sexually revealing attire
- Theft or behavior that results in the destruction or loss of property
- Loitering within or on the grounds of the YMCA
In addition, the YMCA reserves the right to deny access or membership to any person who has been accused or convicted of any crime involving sexual abuse, is or has been a registered sex offender, has ever been convicted of any offense relating to the use, sale, possession, or transportation of narcotics or habit forming and/or dangerous drugs, or is presently or habitually under the of dangerous drugs or chemicals, narcotics or intoxicating beverages.