Welcome to the YMCA First Coast Flyers!
Our year-round competitive swim team offers high quality professional coaching and technique instruction for all ages and abilities. There are two year-round swim team options available at the Ponte Vedra YMCA that are competitive or non-competitive: Flyers and Flyers-In-Training.
Flyers (USA Swimming): Advanced and Intermediate
- 08/14/17 – 07/31/18
- Monday-Friday: Practice times vary.
- Both swim and dryland practice times are available.
Our Flyers year-round swim team enables the more experienced swimmer to improve on the four basic swimming strokes and compete with other swimmers throughout the state of Florida, while learning the importance of being a team player.
We offer two groups to fit your needs:
- Intermediate: 7 years of age to middle school. Intermediate Flyers will continue to build stroke fundamentals while progressing to competitive swimming.
- Advanced: 12 years of age and older (or have a qualifying championship cut). Advanced Flyers are looking to reach their goals of being top in the state.
Please contact Coach Monique for more details: email@example.com
Flyers In-Training (Piranhas)
- 08/21/17 – 04/30/18 (Summer Team is available each year)
- Monday – Thursday: 4:00pm – 5:00pm
The primary focus of Flyers in Training is to develop and enhance swimming skills in the four competitive stroke. Fundamental technique is the core of the program and the foundation of learning about competitive swimming. All swimmers must pass the swim test at the green level and be able to swim one length of the pool using a basic crawl stroke. Swimmers may participate all season, or month by month.
Please contact Delraye Norris for more details: firstname.lastname@example.org or (904) 543-9622 ext 113
All of our coaches, as members of the American Swimming Coaches Association, have access to the most comprehensive training and certification program for youth coaches of any sport in the United States. They provide assurances that the time children spend in swimming will be quality time.