The Williams Family YMCA Tennis facility offers 13 first-class tennis courts. Our professional staff offers both private lessons and group instruction. Register for any tennis class by calling the Tennis Center at 904.880.7264.
Tennis features include:
- 13 Har-Tru clay courts
- 13 courts lighted for night play
- Attractively landscaped grounds
- Full staff of USPTA and USPTR teaching professionals
- Wide variety of instructional programs for all ages and skill levels
- One of the most intensive summer tennis camps
- Water coolers on each court
- Ball machine
- Racket stringing available
Tennis Programs offered at the Y:
- New Player Adult Programs
- Team Tennis for Juniors, Adults and Seniors
- New Player Junior Programs
- Tournaments for Junior and Adults
- USTA League Teams, First Coast Tennis League Teams, Mixed Doubles, Country Club Leagues, Working Women’s Leagues, Men’s Leagues
- Seniors 50+
Adult Beginner Series:
Want to try something new? This is an ideal class for those who have never played but always had a desire, or those who are still at the very beginner level.
This 4-week class is a comprehensive study of the fundamentals of tennis, including the basic of stroke production, strategy and match play. Our goal is to finish with everyone confident enough to setup their own matches and possibly join one of our team leagues.
Classes are offered on Wednesday and Thursday nights. To schedule or sign up, contact the Tennis Center at 904.880.7264 or Williams_Tennis@firstcoastymca.org.
Year Round Programs:
Tiny Tots (ages 4-6)
Mondays or Wednesdays – 5:00pm-5:30pm
$22 Members / $42 Non-members (Monthly rate)
Mondays & Wednesdays – 5:00pm-5:30pm
$42 Members / $84 Non-members (Monthly rate)
This program introduces the basic skills and fundamentals of tennis.
Youth Tennis Club (ages 7-12)
Mondays & Wednesdays or Tuesdays & Thursdays – 5:30pm-6:30pm
$59 members / $106 non-members (Monthly rate)
This program is for beginner to intermediate tennis players. Players will learn the proper technique and rules of the game while building self-confidence, learning about sportsmanship and having fun just being a kid.
Youth Tennis Club (ages 13-17)
Mondays and Wednesdays – 5:00pm-6:30pm
$69 members / $111 non-members (Monthly rate)
Tennis Lesson Fees:
1 hour private – $54
30 minutes private – $30
2 person/hr – $30
3 person /hr – $19
4 person/hr – $14
5 person/hr – $12
Tennis Clinic Payment Policies
All payments for classes should be dropped off at the tennis center either before or after class.
Court Reservation Policies and Procedures
$12 per court (1.5 hours of play/divided by the number of people playing)
Two payment options: (Please choose one)
- Purchase a $30 punch card. Each punch is worth $3.00.
- Unlimited tennis play. Choose $27.50/month for an individual playing or $40/month for a family playing tennis. This option is paid by signing up for an EFT and drafted monthly on the 1st or the 15th.
- Court fees are to be paid prior to playing.
- Courts are assigned when at least two members of your group have checked in and after they have paid their court fees.
- No guests are allowed during prime court reservations.
- Court reservations are placed two days prior to your desired day.
- A.M. time is considered Monday-Friday from 7:00am-3:00pm and reservations are taken at 1:00pm, two days prior by calling 904.880.7264.
- P.M. time is considered Monday-Friday from 3:00pm-8:00pm and reservations are taken at 10:00am, two days prior by calling 904.880.7264.