The First Coast YMCA and the Tampa YMCA will go head to head again on March 27 in a #TreadmillTuesday Tiebreaker.
Jacksonville and Tampa are 1-1 in this friendly competition that inspires community members to become more physically active and adopt healthier lifestyles. The community that completes the most treadmill miles in 12 hours wins!
Participation in this year’s event also supports Safety Around Water, the Y’s drowning prevention program for at-risk children on the First Coast. Visit the Welcome Center at your YMCA for more details.
This is a FREE event that’s open to the entire community! KidZone is available for non-members during Treadmill Tuesday.
How to Participate at the Y
- Visit your neighborhood YMCA on March 27 between 6:30am-6:30pm (non-members need to bring a photo ID)
- Run/Walk/Jog on the treadmill for 30 minutes
- Record your distance with a representative on the wellness floor
- Distances will be totaled by branch and then combined for each association
Community members who can’t make it to the Y that day can also join the competition via social media.
How to Participate on Social Media
- Follow @FirstCoastYMCA on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Run/Walk/Jog on the treadmill at any other location for 30 minutes
- Post or tweet a photo of your dashboard summary after your workout using #TreadmillTuesday
- To add your distance to the First Coast YMCA total, tag @FirstCoastYMCA
- The person who completes the most miles in 30 minutes on a First Coast YMCA treadmill will win a 6-month First Coast YMCA membership. There will be only one winner selected from all branch participants. If there is a tie, we will enter those names into a random drawing to select the winner.
- All First Coast YMCA participants will be entered into a random drawing for a 6-month First Coast YMCA membership.
- All First Coast YMCA participants who complete their treadmill workout at a YMCA branch will receive 100 points towards Y Rewards.
Make Your Miles Matter
Don’t forget to Make Your Miles Matter with a donation to the Y’s Safety Around Water drowning prevention program for at-risk children on the First Coast.
2017 Treadmill Tuesday Results
More than 3,200 Floridians logged nearly 6,700 miles during #TreadmillTuesday in 2017. In the end, Tampa Bay ended up surpassing Jacksonville by just 21 miles with 3,358 miles logged by 1,630 participants. Jacksonville had 1,580 residents complete 3,337 miles during the 12-hour event. The total distance and number of participants for the First Coast YMCA, who joined the competition via social media or at a First Coast Y branch, are listed below.
|2017 Treadmill Tuesday Results: Jacksonville||Participants||Mileage|
|Bank of America Tower||64||136.49|