More than 3,200 Floridians logged nearly 6,700 miles today in the 3rd Annual Treadmill Tuesday YMCA event aimed at encouraging healthier lifestyles.
Congratulations to Tampa Bay for surpassing Jacksonville. It was a close one. Tampa Bay had the edge by just 21 miles with 3,358 miles logged by 1,630 participants. Here on the First Coast, 1,580 participants completed 3,337 miles during the 12-hour event.
In addition to participating at their neighborhood Y, community members were able to join the competition from other locations via social media. Of the 3,210 participants, 52 joined by uploading a post-workout photo of treadmill dashboard or running app summary displaying the total distance, tagging @FirstCoastYMCA or @TampaYMCA, and using #TreadmillTuesday.
The total distance and number of participants for the First Coast YMCA, who joined the competition via social media or at a First Coast Y branch, are listed below.
Congratulations to our Apple Watch winners: Mae Barker (Winston Family YMCA) and Bob Sistko (McArthur Family YMCA!
Don’t forget to Make Your Miles Matter with a donation to the Y’s Safety Around Water drowning prevention program for at-risk children on the First Coast.
|2017 Treadmill Tuesday Results: Jacksonville||Participants||Mileage|
|Bank of America Tower||64||136.49|
Treadmill Tuesday is back! The First Coast YMCA and the Tampa YMCA will go head to head again on March 21 to see which community can complete the most miles on a treadmill in 12 hours.
This friendly competition inspires community members to become more physically active and adopt healthier lifestyles. Participation in this year’s event will also support Safety Around Water, the Y’s drowning prevention program for at-risk children on the First Coast.
This is a FREE community event that’s open to all! KidZone is available for non-members while they participate in Treadmill Tuesday.
How to Participate at the Y
- Visit your neighborhood YMCA on March 21 between 6:30am-6:30pm (non-members need to bring a photo ID)
- Run/Walk/Jog on the treadmill for 30 minutes
- Record your distance with a representative on the wellness floor
- Distances will be totaled by branch and then combined for each association
Community members who can’t make it to the Y that day can also join the competition via social media.
How to Participate on Social Media
- Follow @FirstCoastYMCA on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Run/Walk/Jog on the treadmill at any other location for 30 minutes
- Post or tweet a photo of your dashboard summary after your workout using #TreadmillTuesday
- To add your distance to the First Coast YMCA total, tag @FirstCoastYMCA
- The person who completes the most miles in 30 minutes on a First Coast YMCA treadmill will win an Apple Watch. There will be only one winner selected from all branch participants. If there is a tie, we will enter those names into a random drawing to select the winner.
- All First Coast YMCA participants will be entered into a random drawing for an Apple Watch.
- All First Coast YMCA participants who complete their treadmill workout at a YMCA branch will receive 100 points towards Y Rewards.
2016 Treadmill Tuesday Results
More than 3,400 Floridians log 7,449 miles in event to encourage healthier lifestyles. Nearly 1,750 First Coast residents completed 3,813 miles during the 12-hour event, surpassing the Tampa Bay by 177 miles. For the Tampa Bay area, 1,686 residents logged 3,636 miles.
Of the 3,435 participants, more than 65 joined by uploading a post-workout photo of treadmill dashboard displaying the total distance, tagging @FirstCoastYMCA or @TampaYMCA, and using #TreadmillTuesday. The total distance and number of participants for the First Coast YMCA, who joined the competition via social media or at a First Coast Y branch, are listed below.
|2016 Treadmill Tuesday Results: Jacksonville||Participants||Mileage|
|Bank of America Tower||49||123.58|