FIND YOUR FAB FOUR TEAM!
Team up to win the 2018 Y FIT GAMES.
Sign up your Fab Four Team for Y FIT GAMES today!
The Y FIT GAMES is an inclusive wellness challenge designed to encourage individuals to get active through fun and competitive physical activities. Individuals will strengthen their mind, body and spirit, through a variety of exercises and team workouts. Y FIT GAMES is set up to include all levels of fitness, with competitive and recreational events.
When you join Y FIT GAMES, your registration fee from the event will go directly to support Safety Around Water. The support will provide free water safety lessons for hundreds of children on the First Coast. Knowing how to swim is a life-saving skill children will carry with them throughout their entire lives, and it could mean the difference between life and death for themselves, or for someone they will be able to help in the future.
Who is eligible to sign up?
- 16 years old and older
- All fitness levels are welcome
- $25 per person on the team
- All proceeds will support Safety Around Water
Two Divisions: Competitive or Recreational
- Competitive participants are required to adhere to movement standards as prescribed the day of the event.
- Recreational participants will be provided modification as needed. This ensures that all fitness levels can participate.
- 4 Total teammates
- Must include 2 male and 2 female members
- Up to two Y staff members may compete on a team
Y FIT GAMES Events
- FIT GAMES will consist of five events with various exercises. The exercise movements will include but are not limited to sprints, lunges, lifting, squatting and more. The events will utilize all team members.
- Events will test all aspect of fitness: cardiovascular endurance, muscular strength, and sustainability and mobility.
HOW TO TRAIN
1. Integrate these 9 exercises into your workout routine:
- Overhead Press
- Walking Lunges
- Box Jumps or Box Step-ups
- Kettle Bell Swing
2. Or sign up for Small Group Training at your branch.
Starting January 22, Small Group Training will integrate FIT GAMES exercises in all classes. An individual can use these classes to practice movements that focus around FIT GAMES events. Small Group Training is $40 for members and $65 for non-members. For more information, contact the wellness department at your branch. You can also purchase Small Group Training through our website or at the branch.
This year’s annual Y Fit Games will include a spectator area with the following amenities:
- Food Vendors:
- Family Fun Zone
- Family Bootcamp
- Information Stations
- And much more!
- Vendors, Family Fun Zone, and information stations will remain present after the event.
- 5-Minute Chair Massages
- DJ for fun music and announcements during and after the event
- Yoga Cool Down taught by a Certified Professional from our Y Staff
- Awards Ceremony
Because of our sponsors all proceeds from the event will support Safety Around Water.