One in three Americans is now classified obese. To curb this growing problem, our My30 campaign is designed to inspire people to become more physically active through an online community centered on healthy living. We all need 150 minutes of physical activity each week. That’s at least 30 minutes, five times a week. Whether it’s working out at the Y or going for a run outside, everyone can get their 30 each day.
#My30 World Record Challenge
Treadmill Tuesday is open to the ENTIRE Jacksonville community (Baker, Clay, Duval, Nassau and St. Johns) and is the first of five Guinness World Records that we are attempting to set/break as a Community Initiative to become more physically active.
Awards & Prizes
Participants in the #My30 campaign’s first world record attempt have an opportunity to win free memberships and Fitbit activity trackers.
At each branch, the first 30 #TreadmillTuesday participants will receive a limited edition My30 t-shirt and all participants will be entered into a chance drawing to win a free Fitbit. Each branch will also award a one-month Free YMCA membership to the participant who achieved the greatest distance in the 30-minute treadmill workout.
Social media and branch participants who tag @FirstCoastYMCA and use #My30 and #TreadmillTuesday will be entered to win a free six-month YMCA membership.
Tuesday, January 20 from 7:00am-7:00pm
- FREE entry for everyone at all First Coast YMCAs; non-members will need to bring a picture ID
- Run/Walk/Jog on the Treadmill for 30 minutes (recorded in miles)
- Distances will be totaled by branch and combined for the Association
- Post your #My30 #TreadmillTuesday (please include a photo with the treadmill dashboard summary of your workout with distance and time) via social media: Tag @FirstCoastYMCA and use #My30 and #TreadmillTuesday
Participate in Treadmill Tuesday without coming to the Y
- Post your #My30 #TreadmillTuesday via social media (please include a photo with the treadmill dashboard summary of your workout with distance and time): Tag @FirstCoastYMCA and use #My30 and #TreadmillTuesday
- Results will be totaled from websites and submitted to Guinness for review.
Posting to Social Media
Posting to Facebook
This can be #tricky! Your privacy settings will make it tough for us to find your photo. That’s why it’s important to make sure to tag our Facebook page in the text of your post by using the @ symbol followed by FirstCoastYMCA (no spaces). Include #my30 and #TreadmillTuesday. OR if Facebook gives you a hard time, go directly to our Facebook page and upload your photo by commenting on our page, including the hashtags too.
Posting to Twitter
Your account must be public for us to receive your tweet. Please tag @FirstCoastYMCA and include #my30 #TreadmillTuesday.
Posting to Instagram
Same deal…your account must be public! Once your account is public, please tag @FirstCoastYMCA and include #my30 #TreadmillTuesday.
It’s easy to join the conversation online and inspire others by sharing your 30.
- #My30 on Facebook and Twitter
- Post photos and videos
- Find local events
- Meet others with similar interests
- Win prizes
- And so much more!
First Coast YMCA #TreadmillTuesday World Record Challenge Contest Rules and Info
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
ELIGIBILITY: The First Coast YMCA #TreadmillTuesday World Record Challenge Contest (the “Contest”) is brought to you by First Coast YMCA (the “Sponsor”), and is governed by these Official Rules. To enter, you (“you” or “Participant”) must be 18 years of age or older, a member of Twitter at the start of the Contest Entry Period and a resident of Baker, Clay, Duval, Nassau and St. Johns counties at the start of the Contest Entry Period. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor. Void where prohibited. Sponsor reserves the right, at any time, to verify eligibility requirements, in any manner it deems appropriate.
2. THE CONTEST ENTRY PERIOD: The Contest will run January 20, 2015 beginning at 7 a.m. and ending January 20, 2015 at 7 p.m. This time will be referred to as the “Contest Entry Period.”
3. TO ENTER: Entrants must participate in the #TreadmillTuesday #My30 Challenge to enter. #TreadmillTuesday is open to the ENTIRE Jacksonville Community (Baker, Clay, Duval, Nassau and St. Johns) and is the first of five Guinness World Records that we are attempting to set/break as a Community Wide Initiative to become more physically active.
You can participate two ways:
1) Visit one of our YMCA of Florida’s First Coast locations for FREE:
+All First Coast YMCA’s will be open to the public between 7am – 7pm and you don’t +need to be a member to participate
+Non-members will need to bring a picture ID
+Run/Walk/Jog on the Treadmill for 30 minutes (recorded in miles)
+Distances will be totaled by branch and combined for the Association
2) Participate in #TreadmillTuesday without coming to the Y:
+Post your #My30 #TreadmillTuesday via social media (see below for details on posting)
Participants can enter one of two ways:
1) On Twitter by submitting their #TreadmillTuesday selfie which must feature the amount of time and distance you achieved during your #my30 challenge using the hashtags #TreadmillTuesday and #my30 and mentioning @FirstCoastYMCA.
2) On Facebook by posting their #TreadmillTuesday selfie which must feature the amount of time and distance you achieved during your #my30 challenge directly to www.facebook.com/FirstCoastYMCA using the hashtags #TreadmillTuesday and #my30.
All entrants must follow or like First Coast YMCA on the social media channel on which they are entering. Entrants must use both hashtags to be entered. One eligible entrant will be selected at random and declared winner the day following the Contest Entry Period. Entrants may only enter once. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received.
Entries must meet the following requirements: Entry cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, or contain nudity; Entry cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message; Entry cannot be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group; Entry cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products, or other people, products or companies; Entry cannot contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses; Entry cannot contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media or musical “samples”) without permission; Entry cannot contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, other than entrant, without permission; Entry cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate; and Entry cannot depict, and cannot itself, be in violation of any law.
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER ENTRY MAY BE RETWEETED OR FAVORITED IN SPONSOR’S TWITTER FEED, OR SHARED OR LIKED IN SPONSOR’S FACEBOOK PAGE IN SPONSOR’S DISCRETION. Sponsor reserves the right to, and may or may not, monitor/screen entries prior to reposting them to Sponsor’s social media channels. By entering, you acknowledge that Sponsor has no obligation to use or post any Entry you submit. Submission of an Entry grants Sponsor and its agents an unlimited, worldwide, perpetual, license and right to publish, use, publicly perform the Entry in any way, in any and all media, without limitation, and without consideration to the entrant.
ENTRIES ARE THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER. Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to entrants.
4. PRIZE DETAILS/ODDS: Prize: a 6-month FFC HH2 First Coast YMCA membership. The membership is a household membership, which allows 2 adults or 2 seniors and any number of dependents to visit all First Coast YMCA branches. Average retail value is $684. Winners must accept prize as specified by Sponsor and on dates designated by Sponsor, or prize will be forfeited. Prize cannot be assigned, transferred, or substituted except by Sponsor who may, at its sole discretion, substitute any prize with one of comparable value if the advertised prize becomes unavailable for any reason. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received.
5. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: Participants agree (a) to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor which are final and binding, (b) that Sponsor, its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their officers, directors, franchisees, employees, representatives and agents will have no liability whatsoever for, are released and shall be held harmless by participants against any liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in this Contest and (c) except where legally prohibited, winner grants (and agree to confirm that grant in writing) permission to Sponsor and those acting under Sponsor’s authority the right to the use of his/her name, photograph, likeness, voice, image and biographical information and statements for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes without additional compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide and on the Internet and World Wide Web, without notice, review or approval.
6. GENERAL PROVISIONS: Neither Sponsor nor its agencies are responsible for not receiving entries, no matter what the reason even if known in advance, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or the failure to capture any such information. Persons who tamper with any aspect of the Contest, as solely determined by the Sponsor, will be disqualified. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed or like entry methods will void all such entries and disqualify any entrant using such methods. Should any portion of the Contest be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, technical failures or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. In case of dispute, the authorized subscriber of the email account used to enter the Contest at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the participant, and must comply with these Official Rules.
7. WINNERS LIST: For the names of the winners, write your name and address on a 3”x5” card, and mail in first-class, stamped envelope to: #TreadmillTuesday World Record Challenge Contest, c/o Dalton Agency, 140 W. Monroe St., Ste. 200, Jacksonville, FL 32202.
8. SPONSOR: YMCA of Florida’s First Coast, 12735 Gran Bay Parkway West, Suite 250, Jacksonville, FL 32258. Do not send correspondence to this address.